December 15 – John 6
December 16 – John 7
December 17 – John 8
December 18 – John 9
December 19 – John 10
December 20 – John 11
December 21 – John 12
Verse to memorize:
“Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again”
Nicodemus was a religious man, which means he had a lot of knowledge of the Mosaic Law. Religion didn’t exactly give him much. He knew Jesus brought something different. He knew Jesus brought something new. Religion kills but God’s spirit makes things come to life.
Essentially, this means to have new life. A theological term for this is regeneration. It isn’t simply a moral or religious reform, but the bringing of new life. to belong to the heavenly kingdom, one must be born into it. (Merril C Tenney)
All over the New Testament this idea of rebirth, re-creation occurs.” (Barclay)
- 1 Peter speaks of being born anew by God’s great mercy (1 Peter 1:3).
- 1 Peter speaks of being born anew from an imperishable seed (1 Peter 1:22-23).
- James speaks of God bringing us forth by the word of truth (James 1:18).
- Titus speaks to us of the washing of regeneration (Titus 3:5).
- Romans speaks of dying with Jesus and rising anew (Romans 6:1-11).
- 1 Corinthians speaks of new believers as new-born babes (1 Corinthians 3:1-2).
- 2 Corinthians speaks of us being a new creation in Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:17).
Thank you Lord for your son Jesus. Help me to experience the new birth. Give me a spiritual mind. I want to think on the things from above and not below.